What are the benefits of becoming a Trade Ally?
Benefits of becoming a Trade Ally include:
- Receiving an annual bonus based on program participation for the year
- Opportunities to attend special events such as trainings and Trade Ally appreciation events
- Interacting with Consumers Energy Outreach Team
- Receiving a Trade Ally Scorecard which allows you to compare your business to your competition, view your tiered status and get a snapshot of your performance
- Exclusive access to our Trade Ally Portal
Trade Allies in Gold and Silver tiers will receive a bonus check based on their annual contribution to the program.
- Gold: 2% of incentives for all paid projects
- Silver: 1% of incentives for all paid projects
How is my Trade Ally status determined?
Tiers are calculated based on reaching a minimum number of projects and electric or natural gas savings annually.
- Gold: 25 Projects and either 300 MWh or 10,000 MCF
- Silver: 10 Projects and either 50 MWh or 1,000 MCF
- Bronze: Being a Trade Ally
Which Consumers Energy incentive programs are eligible for the bonus?
Only projects from our custom and prescriptive program are eligible. Small Business, Midstream, Pilot and Specialty projects are not eligible for the bonus.
I was a Gold/Silver TA last year. Will I be considered Gold/Silver again this year?
Trade Allies earn a status in one year, and will remain in that status for the following year.
- If a Trade Ally met the Gold/Silver status requirements in 2018, they will begin that status for 2019.
- Gold Trade Allies must achieve the savings to reach Gold status again.
- If a Trade Ally does not continue to meet the minimum requirements, the status will not continue to carry over.
How can I view my Scorecard?
There are multiple ways to obtain your Scorecard:
- Use our Web Portal to generate your Scorecard PDF
- Your Energy Advisor can generate your personalized Scorecard at any time
- Quarterly updates will be sent to all Trade Allies
(Scorecards will also be distributed by the Trade Ally’s Energy Advisor.)
When can I expect my 2019 bonus check?
Bonus checks will be passed out on April 2020.